We hope you enjoy the Sun Up Close T-shirt. This design comes from an image of the sun taken by the Daniel K. Inouye Solar Telescope in 2020. At the time the original image (NSO/Aura/NSF/EPA-EFE) was taken it was the highest resolution image of the Sun’s surface ever produced (taken at 789nm). The cell-like structures (each about the size of Texas) are the result of violent motions that transport heat from the inside of the sun all the way to its surface. Hot, hot, and hot solar material (plasma) rises from the bright cell looking structures, then cools off sinking below the surface in dark areas in a process known as convection. Get to know your new favorite tee – it’s super smooth, super comfortable, and made from a cotton touch polyester jersey that won’t fade after washing.
• 95% polyester, 5% elastane (fabric composition may vary by 1%)
• Premium knit mid-weight jersey
• Four-way stretch fabric that stretches and recovers on the cross and lengthwise grains
• Regular fit
• Blank product components in the US and our friends in Mexico sourced from the US
• Blank product components in the EU sourced from our friends in Lithuania
• NSO/Aura/NSF/EPA-EFE are all totally awesome